Online Success Academy
The Online Success Academy was designed to address the needs of students who learn best in non-traditional ways, need more time with course content, or choose not to attend regular school. We believe all students deserve a first-rate education, and feel that online programs provide students with a full range of learning experiences.
The curriculum at Sunnyside Online Success Academy is based on the Arizona State Standards and students must demonstrate knowledge of the standards in order to qualify for credit in each course. Continuous enrollment depends on both adequate progress and academic success. To this end, a facilitator/success coach and highly qualified teachers are assigned to students to provide timely and expert support.
- Full TimeVirtual School - Learn on your own terms. Full-time students take four or more courses per school year at their own pace and according to their own schedule.
- Credit Recovery - For the student who needs to make up credits and wishes to focus on concepts missed during regular classroom instruction.
- Credit Advancement - Get ahead with regular courses that count toward graduation. For the highly motivated student who wants to get ahead.
CONTACT US FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Sunnyside Online Success Academy is located at:
S.T.A.R. Academic Center
5093 South Liberty Avenue
Tucson, Arizona 85706
Full-time online students call 520-545-2300
Part-time online students call 520-545-2016
- Online Coordinator:
Allen Swanson is the Online Coordinator for Sunnyside. 520-545-2016 firstname.lastname@example.org
- LMS Facilitator:
- Richard Fimbres supports full-time students enrolled in the Sunnyside Online Success Academy high school. Full-time online students take a minimum of four courses and receive direct support from Mr. Fimbres. Mr. Fimbres is also a teacher at STAR Academic Center, our alternative to traditional school.
- Maggie Johnson supports part-time students concurrently enrolled in comprehensive high schools. Students may take one course at a time to recover credit or to get ahead.
- Teaching Staff: We have a variety of teaching staff, too numerous to show here. All teachers are highly qualified and appropriately certified in their respective areas.
Language Arts Courses:
- Arizona Common Core English / Language Arts 9 - 12
- Art History
- Career Planning and Development
- Computer Applications
(requires additional software at student expense; not provided by SOSA)
- Introduction to Art
- Physical Education
- Strategies for Academic Success
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Financial Math
- World History
- U.S. History
- Environmental/Integrated Science
- Conceptual Physics
Career and Technical Education (CTE) Courses: - ask for current list.