Online Success Academy
The Online Success Academy was designed to address the needs of students who learn best in non-traditional ways, need more time with course content, or choose not to attend regular school. We believe all students deserve a first-rate education, and feel that online programs provide students with a full range of learning experiences.
The curriculum at Sunnyside Online Success Academy is based on the Arizona State Standards and students must demonstrate knowledge of the standards in order to qualify for credit in each course. Continuous enrollment depends on both adequate progress and academic success. To this end, highly qualified teachers are assigned to students to provide timely and expert support.
Credit Recovery For the student who needs to make up credits and wishes to focus on concepts missed during regular classroom instruction.
Credit Advancement Get ahead with regular courses that count toward graduation. For the highly motivated student who wants to get ahead.
Full Time Virtual School Learn on your own terms. Full-time students take four or more courses per school year at their own pace and according to their own schedule.
CONTACT US FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
- Online Coordinator: Allen Swanson is the Online Coordinator for Sunnyside. Allen arranges your journey through online learning by securing software and people to help you learn any time and any where and provides every student and parent a concise orientation to the Learning Management System and expectations for students' learning.
- LMS Facilitator: Karen Posadas supports online learning by monitoring and adjusting coursework to enhance every student’s progress. Karen communicates regularly with students and parents and is available almost 24/7 to respond to student’s needs.
- Teaching Staff: We have a variety of teaching staff, too numerous to show here. All teachers are highly qualified and appropriately certified in their respective areas.
Language Arts Courses:
- Arizona Common Core English / Language Arts 9 - 12
- Language Arts 12
- Introduction to Art
- Strategies for Academic Success
- Physical Education
- Art History
- Career Planning and Development
- Computer Applications
(requires additional software at student expense; not provided by SOSA)
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Intermediate Algebra
- Financial Math
- World History
- U.S. History
- Environmental Science
- Conceptual Physics
Career and Technical Education (CTE) Courses: - ask for current list.
Advanced Placement Courses*
* Provided directly by our curriculum provider.