Visit the TAP website: https://sites.google.com/site/susdtapp/
The mission of the Sunnyside Unified School District TAPP Program is to: 1) assure that pregnant and parenting students receive the support they need to stay in school through graduation, and 2) contribute to the school district's efforts to reduce the incidence of teen pregnancy.
- Encourage and support academic success and high school graduation for pregnant and parenting students.
- Educate pregnant and parenting students enabling them to make responsible decisions regarding the health and development of their children.
- Provide quality on-site childcare for teenage parents while attending school in the Sunnyside District.
- Improve the health status of pregnant and parenting students and their children.
- Assist pregnant and parenting students in obtaining needed community social services.
- Collaborate with community agencies, programs, and providers.
- Develop childcare employment skills in both TAPP and non-TAPP students.
- Provide information and resources to students and staff about pregnancy prevention.
- Be an active member of the school district community.
- Maintain staff competence and professional growth.
- Educate district staff and members of the community about the role of the program.
- Advocate on behalf of the students when a medical situation or parenting issue hinders their attendance/performance.
- Foster opportunities to pursue post-secondary education by offering scholarships.
- Increase the early identification of pregnant adolescents and connect them with providers of comprehensive prenatal care.
For more information on teen pregnancy, go to www.teenpregnancy.org.
Diaper Bank of Southern Arizona www.DiaperBank.org