Digital Advantage Parents
Sunnyside Unified School District is pleased to announce we are expanding the Digital Advantage program by introducing the Digital Advantage Parents “Family Plan!” This will require a team effort and will give you the opportunity to participate in a netbook loaner program as a family. Currently, this program is only available to SUSD families with middle school or 10th grade students.
To qualify for this exciting new program, students and parents must meet the following criteria:
- Attendance: all students within the family (Kinder through 12th grade) must maintain 98% school attendance during 2nd and 3rd quarter (98% = no more than a total of 2 full day absences; this includes both excused and unexcused absences).
- Academics: your designated middle school student must currently have a minimum 3.0 GPA to qualify and must have a minimum 3.0 GPA by the end of 3rd quarter (GPA = Grade Point Average).
- Academics: your designated 10th-grade high school student must currently have a minimum 2.5 GPA to qualify and must have a minimum 2.5 GPA by the end of 3rd quarter.
- Attendance: you must enroll in a participating Parent Institute and must complete a minimum of 8 sessions.
- Attendance: you must complete all 5 sessions of the Technology Institute.
Each middle school will select 45 families. Your child’s school will contact you if your family is one of the lucky 45 to be selected. For more information, please refer to the list below to find out whom to contact at your child’s school.
- Apollo: Connie Quintana -545-4520 Pat Silva -545-4522
- Lauffer: Vanessa Arevalo -545-4938 Leah Chambers -545-4903
- Challenger: Trisha Cortez -545-4674 Luz Harris -545-4622
- Chaparral: Debbie Rubi -545-4784 Adrian Noriega -545-4706
- Sierra: Patti Mendez -545-2522 Jesus Vasquez -545-4809