Become a part of our Proud Learning Community
Learning Community Initiative The mission of the Learning Community Initiative is to increase the number of students who graduate from high school and pursue a postsecondary education, while creating a community culture of lifelong learning in which everyone values and actively supports education. USA Funds is a major sponsor of the national Learning Communities Coalition.
Dollars for Scholars Dollars for Scholars provides scholarships to graduating seniors in the Sunnyside District. It is a true community effort that provides the support and resources to help students transition to college. Funds for Dollars for Scholars come from district employee payroll deductions and the greater community.
Sunnyside Community Stories Project Middle and high school students utilize research, writing, technology and photography skills to document and present the history, culture, and identity of those who live in the neighborhoods served by the Sunnyside Unified School District. Student created digital stories can be viewed at stories.susd12.org.
Make a Difference Day The Sunnyside District participates annually in national Make A Difference Day, where students, parents, staff and community members come together to take part in community projects.
World Carnival This annual event takes place at Desert View High School and is open to the entire Tucson community. All SUSD schools participate by representing countries from around the world. Get involved with the Sunnyside Community
- Sponsor or volunteer for the World Carnival, Make a Difference Day or Town Hall
- Host a ParentShop or ScholarShop workshop
- Be a “college coach” for a student or groups of students and help them through the college admissions process
- Donate to Dollars for Scholars
- Make a Tax Credit Donation
- Become a sponsor of The Digital Advantage
- Create a scholarship in your name or that of a loved one
- Host a fundraiser for Dollars for Scholars
- Be part of the Dollars for Scholars selection committee
- Volunteer in schools directly with students
- Be a guest speaker at a school and share your leadership skills and career experience. Students want to hear from you!